We offer help to people with chronic problems or illnesses by re-balancing the body’s physiology and biochemistry through proper nutritional formulations.
Unfortunately, many patients cannot identify when they aren’t in balance until they are hurt, stressed, depressed or sick, by which time they are usually caught in a tangled web of symptoms and problems such as:
- Auto-immune problems,
- intestinal imbalance and illness,
- hormonal imbalances,
- sugar imbalance,
- inability to lose weight,
- difficulty sleeping,
- chronic pain,
- chronic fatigue
- migraine headaches
The body needs to be equipped with the specific nutritional therapeutic tools in order to return to a state of optimal health. A chronic disease state, such as diabetes or auto-immune dysfunction, can have dozens of underlying causes, or one problem, such as exposure to heavy metals or other toxins, can lead to multiple chronic conditions. This is why therapeutic nutritional re-balancing focuses on systems, rather than organs and origins, rather than diseases.
We first identify which systems in the body are the most seriously imbalanced by a series of highly specific and accurate non-invasive tests and detailed therapeutic questionnaires, and then develop the correct program for my patients based upon protocols that have been used by thousands of practitioners to help countless patients for well over 80 years. (see Nutritional Support for specifics)
I believe that it’s so important to sit down with the patient and listen to their concerns to help them make the right choices for their health care. The most important part of identifying the correct individualized treatment protocol for patients is making an accurate assessment of the fundamental cause of their symptoms. We can accomplish this through the use of the following clinical methods:
1. Comprehensive Health Analysis: this is an extremely detailed questionnaire that the patient fills out. It gives us an accurate picture of the functioning of every system in the body.
2. Substance Survey: this gives us an overall nutritional picture of of how your body has been functioning over the past year.
3. Five Brain Systems Analysis: this gives us a picture of how each section of the brain is functioning. Such problems as, “foggy thinking,” cognition, emotional upset and memory can be evaluated.
4. Additional clinical evaluation: analysis of nails, tongue, eyes and/or face may be included as these areas frequently are the first to indicate imbalances that need to be addressed, immediately.
Once the results of these clinical tests are evaluated, the doctor will recommend a personalized treatment plan for the patient. Dr. Hersh-Kollars always works with the patient mindful of their needs and desires, as she believes that a partnership offers the greatest chance for a successful clinical relationship and goal outcome.
Our treatment protocols center around those we have developed over the years using Standard Process and MediHerb formulations.* We have had tremendous clinical success using these nutritional formulas with virtually every patient who has followed our course of recommended therapy:
1. We offer holistic female hormonal care which includes addressing the physical, chemical and mental/emotional components,beginning with assessing digestive health, blood sugar metabolism, endocrine system health and effective detoxification alternatives.
2. We offer real solutions for those who have life-long difficulty losing weight. An imbalanced stress-response, digestive tract imbalances and neurological response alterations are all components of this problem. At Dr. Hersh’s blog you will find specifics as to what causes and solutions are offered to weight loss problems (see 7/31-8/11 and 8/19/2015 blogs for information and 5/17 thru 6/17 blogs). See “blog” on the right hand menu to get to the blog, directly.
3. We offer immune system nutritional support for those struggling with the symptoms of chronic illnesses such as IBS, IBD, auto-immune imbalances and Lyme.*
The body normally takes from 9 months to 2 years to completely heal. Dr. Hersh-Kollars meets with the patient at least once a month (sometimes, more frequently, according to the severity of the case), in order to facilitate the healing process from the acute stage, through the supportive/healing stage, into the wellness stage. These monthly meetings are necessary in order to determine both the progress of the patient and if any alterations to the individualized nutritional protocol need to be made.
*Although we carry Standard Process products, neither Dr. Hersh-Kollars nor any third party associated with, related to, or linked to Dr. Hersh-Kollars’ business or website is in any way affiliated with Standard Process Inc. Standard Process expressly disclaims any responsibility for, and makes no representations or warranties regarding any statement, information, materials or content found on or included in my marketing materials/website/blog, or any third party marketing materials/website/blog related to, associated with or linked to Dr. Hersh-Kollars’ business/website/blog. Standard Process Products are dietary supplements and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.